As part of the Content-led Series called the “Hybrid Workplace 2025” brought to you by SHRM in partnership with Zimyo, we hosted the Second Episode of Season 01 on 9th February, 2021. This Episode was on the topic “Managing and Inspiring Performance in the New World of Work”.
The speakers at the webinar were Simin Askari, VP – Corporate HR and Business Excellence, DS Group; Sonal Kapur, Head HR, Modern Foods and Kumar Mayank, CEO and Founder, Zimyo. The webinar was moderated by Neha Pant, Senior Knowledge Advisor, SHRM India.
Here are some Key Takeaways from the session:
Leading IT companies have adopted a more organic approach to managing performance. The focus has shifted from talking about people to talking with people in open conversations. New performance approach is focused on improving discussions, having frequent check-ins, and creating a developmental focus.
In the new hybrid workplace
- Agile Goal setting is the direction of the New Age Performance Management system
- OKRs – (Objectives and Key Results) are going to lead the way. For some companies OKRs are public so that everyone in the organization can see what others are working on. The objectives have to be quantifiable recorded on a shared technology platform and tie to the larger organizational goals
- Technology infrastructure will play a crucial role in reimagining the Performance Management System. Most companies have adopted an HR tech solution to enable goal setting and recording performance and feedback
- While OKRs will rule the roost – there will be a hybrid approach to ratings as part of the Performance Appraisal process- Most organizations won’t do away with ratings
- Continuous feedback in form of development dialogs will take prominence even more in the Hybrid workplace.
- Managers’ role is key and the ability to give feedback is going to be of immense significance. There will be increased focus on building managerial capability to not evaluate performance but be a coach to the team
- While delinking compensation from the performance appraisal was raised, which may be an idea ahead of its time, that may make the system less intimidating for employees
In-case you missed attending the Episode 02, here’s the link to the recording of the Webcast:
|Watch Episode 02||Next Episode|